Board Chairman Randy Mooney and Executive Vice President Mark Korsmeyer accepted the award from Jim Carper, editor of Dairy Foods. The magazine sponsors the award named after the late Tom Camerlo, who served as chairman of USDEC and DFA.
DFA was recognized in the following areas:
- Longtime advocate for U.S. dairy industry exports
- Production of export products such as whole and skim milk powder, whey, cheese and butter
- Growth in export sales, particularly a 43 percent increase from 2012 to 2013
- Investment in the Fallon, Nev., plant to supply global markets and an initiative to expand overseas sales of long-life milk
- Active leadership in several dairy organizations
A video featuring DFA members of Perazzo Brothers Dairy and the Cooperative’s investment in the Fallon, Nev., plant was highlighted at the board meeting.
Among the previous recipients of the award were Agri-Mark, Leprino Foods and Darigold.
Photo - Back row, left to right: Tom Suber, president of USDEC, DFA Chairman Randy Mooney, DFA Executive Vice President Mark Korsmeyer, Jim Carper, editor in chief of Dairy Foods. Front row, left to right: DFA Senior Vice President and Chief Fluid Marketing Officer John Wilson, DFA First Vice Chairman Wayne Palla, Paul Rovey, president of United Dairymen of Arizona, Tom Imbordino, publisher of Dairy Foods.