Across the globe, 1 billion people’s livelihoods depend on dairy farming. On June 1, we will unite as a global industry to celebrate World Milk Day — a worldwide day of recognition for the wholesome nutrition of nature’s most perfect food — milk.
To celebrate, we encourage you to raise a glass of milk to celebrate your passion, your livelihood and your dedication to the industry. Here’s how you can participate:
- Post a photo on June 1 raising a glass of milk in celebration with the hashtags #RaiseAGlass and #WorldMilkDay. Tag @dfamilk in your post, and we’ll donate $1 to the Great American Milk Drive for every post, up to $10,000
- Host an event, such as a community breakfast, farm tour or open house
- Order free World Milk Day stickers and cups at www.dfamilk.com/worldmilkday. Order by May 25 for delivery by June 1
- Visit www.worldmilkday2017.com to see a list of registered events, register your own event and read more about how the industry is celebrating around the world
- Attend an industry event near you — many industry organizations are hosting local events on World Milk Day
- Engage online by signing up for Thunderclap, a social media platform that will automatically post to your Facebook page or Twitter feed to show your support on June 1
- Follow @WorldMilkDay on Twitter, @globaldairyplatform on Instagram and like Global Dairy Platform’s Facebook page to connect with others
- Donate to DFA Cares Foundation, which benefits the Great American Milk Drive, at www.dfamilk.com/dfacaresdonation. All donations will be matched throughout the month of June
You can also connect with DFA on our social media pages for additional ideas on how to get involved.